Sponsoring the Aberdeen Global Service Jam
A group of us are putting on the Aberdeen leg of the Global Service Jam 27 February to 1 March, 2015. This is part of a global event taking place in 68 sites (and growing) locations around the world as a fun way to introduce people to service design.
Why we need sponsorship
This is a 48 hour event, to keep it accessible to all we don't charge a fee to attend. We need to cover some expenses for the event, primarily for catering, materials and room costs (breakdown). All organisation, facilitation and set up is being done on a voluntary basis.
We are looking for organisations able to sponsor the event, please get in touch if you would like to get involved.
Why Sponsor GSJ Aberdeen?
This is a way for you and your staff to gain experience in a prolonged, intense and active workshop facilitated by experienced professionals, who will guide and inspire your service design process over the weekend. You can expect to develop a business model canvas and to brainstorm and prototype ideas which can be evaluated and further developed following a lean startup approach.
- Developers will benefit by seeing how clients and customers work together to better understand what happens 'in the front office'.
- Designers and user experience folks will benefit from learning new approaches and working with different people.
- Experienced service designers will benefit from working with new people and seeing how others work.
- If you've not done any of these things before, then you'll experience lots of new things and develop experience in working with teams, and other useful and transferable skills.
We will also help with gaining exposure for your company.
As this is a free event all of your contribution goes towards the following:
- a) possibly city centre venue hire, if we don't find a sponsor to provide one
- b) food and refreshments for the 40+ people we hope to have over the weekend including:
- 1) breakfast on Saturday and Sunday
- 2) lunch on Saturday and Sunday
- 3) evening meal on Saturday
- 4) snacks and beverages over the weekend
- c) prototyping materials, pens, paper, play dough, etc...
Let us know how this sounds, we are of course open to haggling, if you want to say sponsor food or something specific like t-shirts instead ;)
Coverage / Exposure
In return for your sponsorship we will put your name and logo on our website and on the welcome slide deck as well as provide space for any materials you'd like to distribute. We can also problably find space for any freestanding banners you wanted to provide for the venue so your brand is in photos of the event. We can also help with any PR activities you'd like to run in association with this event, which should be advertised well around both Aberdeen universities and the city's tech and design communities.
We have brought together a team of organisers from education, industry, and government all of whom have experience in both service design and event organisation and management:
Contact Melehat via email.
To discuss sponsoring the event please get in touch